Welcome to DekFloor, a new and innovative product from ReGen Building Solutions, a wholly Australian owned and operated business.
DekFloor is an innovative flooring substrate suitable for use in Class 1 – 10 building applications.
With a unique tongue and grooving joining system on all four edges, DekFloor provides a structural flooring substrate that can be applied to both timber and steel joists.
- DekFloor is ideal for carpets, linoleum, and tiles.
- DekFloor is ideal for wet areas and external applications such as balconies and verandas due to its moisture resistance and can be used as an alternative to traditional fibre cement sheeting products.
- DekFloor is the ideal step-down when using XL-Floor in the main house application.
- DekFloor is water resistant, non-combustible, does not promote mould and mildew, and is termite resistant.
- DekFloor is hygroscopic allowing the building to breath. This allows water vapour to pass through so they never rot because they temper and regulate indoor air humidity and expel moisture, hence they are mould and mildew proof and effect healthy comfortable air quality.
- DekFloor is manufactured with a Sorel Cement. Sorel Cement Boards (SCB’s) require on 20 – 40% of the energy required to manufacture Portland Cement boards.
Portland Cement based products constitute about 5 – 20% of anthropogenic global CO2 emissions or man-made carbon dioxide whereas SorelCement Boards reabsorb CO2 as they cure reducing the carbon footprint of a building. It is an accepted fact that to production of 1 tonne of Portland Cement creates approximately 1 tonne of CO2 emissions.
The cook-out process of making Sorel based cement is about half the temperature of Portland Cement which produces 50 – 80% less CO2 yet the cement matrix is up to 12 times stronger which reduces the amount of cementitious materials used since one can effectively add organic substances to the mix without weakening the matrix. This is by far a more efficient process.
- DekFloor does not off gas VOC’s
- DekFloor does not need priming agents to gain a superior bonding surface.
Manufactured in Australia DekFloor is the perfect substrate for class 1 – 10 building.
Compliance with Standards
DekFloor has been tested at Australian NATA laboratories to ensure compliance with National Construction Codes building specifications.
- DekFloor has been tested in accordance with in-house method LOP-002 Asbestos Identification by Polarised Light Microscopy including Dispersion Staining (Based on AS4964-2004 Method for the qualitative identification of asbestos in bulk samples). DekFloor contains no asbestos material.
- AS/ISO 9239.1-2003 Reaction to Fire Tests for Floorings. Determination of the Burning Behaviour using a Radiant Heat Source. DekFloor was reported to have a 0 Critical Heat Re-flux and 0 Smoke value.
- ASTM C518-2010 Steady-State Thermal Transmission Properties by Means of the Heat Flow Apparatus.
- Measured Thermal Conductivity 0.1278 0.1271 W/m.K
- Thermal Resistance 0.2 m²K/W
- AS/NZS 2908.2 Testing of 20mm Laminated Megaboard for Bending Strength (MOR) & Deflection (MOE).
- DekFloor is impervious to , termites, mould and mildew.
- DekFloor is easy and fast to install.
- No pre-drilling required
- Use normal carpentry tools
- A Grade non-combustible in accordance with AS1350.2
- Excellent tile backing board suitable with most tile adhesives
- Meets or exceeds design limits as specified in AS 1170 and 1170.1
- Water Resistant (does not distort with extended contact with water)
- Available in 20mm and 24mm thickness
With a unique Tongue and Groove jointing system on all edges, DekFloor is available in the following sizes and thicknesses.
DekFloor Board sizes and weights
DekFloor has been tested with the following load calculations : –
Download a copy of the DekFloor Installation Guide here.