ReGen Building Solutions has introduced two flooring substrate flooring systems that can be used individually or together on a project DekFloor and XL-Floor. The substrate flooring is often overlooked and not well understood by homeowners. There are many different types of flooring substrate including concrete, particle board, compressed fibre cement sheet and Aerated Concrete Cement (ACC) Such as Hebel to name a few.
Particle board unless treated can be affected by water and termites,concrete is expensive and some of the compressed fibre cement sheets are very heavy increasing the cost of construction, Aerated Concrete Cement is fragile, not water resistant and needs to have surface boards added once the ACC has been laid to allow a surface finish to be added.
XL-Floor is a 75mm insulated flooring system providing excellent thermal properties for the home. Perfect for houses built on piers, second story additions, transportables and Granny Flats.
Manufactured with two 12mm skins of Sorrel Cement Board (MegaBoard) on each side of 51mm of EPS has numerous features including:
- High R values for thermal insulation
- Can be installed off joist providing easier installation
- Has 4 panel configurations reducing wastage
- Has a solid floor feel without bounce
- Is joined with a box spine
- Can be installed without having to join on joist
- Used with DekFloor reduces the requirement for joist step downs in wet areas.
- Provides a solid floor
- Provides a flat surface finish
- All surface finishes can be applied easily
- Is termite resistant
- Is water resistant
- Does not promote mould or mildew
- Manufactured in Australia.
XL-Floor is an insulated floor panel that can be joined off joist
DekFloor is a 20mm substrate that is an alternative to normal Fibre Cement Sheeting products such as Compressed Fibre Cement Sheeting (CFC) or branded products such as Scyon.
Manufactured using Sorrel Cement (MegaBoard), DekFloor has numerous features including:
- extremely high compressive strength,
- low energy embodiment,
- termite proof,
- water resistant,
- mould resistant
- light weight compared to CFC
- has tongue and groove on all 4 sides
- Can be used in conjunction with XL-Floor as a step down so studs do not need to be at different levels when building.
- All surface finishes can be applied easily including tiling, linoleum, floating floor boards and carpet.
- Manufactured in Australia
DekFloor provides a solid floor finish suitable for installing any traditional finishes such as linoleum, carpet or tiles